Happy Monday! Thanks for all the love in last week’s comments section. I’m lucky to have so much support behind me. J
It’s been a week since my last blog post, and I’m afraid my updates from this point will be few and far between. This is part of the TO DO list my agent (yep, still love saying that) gave me last week:
1. Send her a short bio and a picture for the agency’s website. (Check!)
2. Create two back-cover blurbs for future books in this series so she can try for a multi-book deal. (Check!)
3. Decide on a pen name, reserve the domain, and make a website. (Check! The site’s not live yet, but it exists.)
4. Create a tagline to brand the entire series (Check! Special thanks to my brilliant crit partner, Carey Corp, for her suggestions. She’s a tagline goddess.)
5. Do some light revisions on the original manuscript and send it back to Nicole so she can line edit. (Check! Once she sends it back to me, I’ll give it another revision pass.)
6. Come up with a new title for book one. (Check! Special thanks to my other brilliant crit partner, Lorie Langdon, for her suggestions, even if they sounded like pornos. J)
7. Outline and start writing book two. (Check! I’m only 1500 words in, but slow-n-steady wins the race, right?)
8. In two weeks we’ll move forward on revisions for my YA sci-fi, but I’m trying not to think about that right now. My head might explode.
Phew! So what happens next? Once the manuscript is polished to a high gloss, we sent it off to the editor and wait. And wait. And then wait some more. During that time, you can bet your sweet Aspercreme I’ll be chained to my laptop either working on book two or revising my YA. Either way, I won’t have much time for blogging, so prepare for another hiatus.
I promise to post updates when there’s something new to share. Please keep your digits crossed for me, and happy writing to you all!